This is my attempt at putting the Book of Psalms into my own words. I am not striving for an improved translation or interpretation. This is not The Message by Dave. This is words that mean to me what I am reading. I try not to change wording for the sake of changing, but rather to write down words that I feel the Bible is speaking to me. I hope that you might find some value to this; if so please let me know.

It is my goal to post each Monday. Doing the math, this will take a few years. Stick around and let's see where it goes.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Psalm 9

[The first few lines of Psalm 9 are hard to mess with. To me they speak volumes as they are. - DW]

For the director of music. To the tune of "The Death of the Son." A psalm of David.
1 I will praise You, Jesus, with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders. 2 I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.

3 You repel my enemies; they trip and fall, and cannot withstand even Your sight. 4 For I have maintained Your cause as my own; You have sat on Your throne, and judged my enemies according to Your divine will.

5 Nations and the wicked who do not align themselves with You are destroyed and their very existence is removed from the annals of history. 6 These enemies see complete and utter ruin; their cities annihilated; no one who remains alive will even the remember their name.

7 Jesus, You reign forever; You have created Your holy throne from which You can judge through Your holiness.8 You will judge everyone based on Your rules; You will govern the remaining Holy nations with justice.

9 Jesus, please be a refuge for all of us, especially those in the most need; be a strong foothold in this slippery world. 10 We know Your name! We will trust in You, for you, Jesus, have never forgot us as we continue to seek You. 11 We will sing praises to You Jesus, enthroned above all the earth; We will shout out loud so everyone will know all of the good You have done. 12 For even as You destroy our enemies, You will remember our need; You won't ignore us.

13 Jesus, as a part of your grand plan sometimes I have enemies that seem to overwhelm me. Even when I fall away from you, remember me and lift me from this condition 14 that I can again sing your praises and be delighted in Your presence forever.

15 We on earth constantly fall into holes that we ourselves have dug; we become trapped in the snares of life. 16 We know You Jesus by Your justice; please let only our enemies be trapped in this way. 17 Those evil ones will know only death, including all the nations who never learn that You are God. 18 But through Your great understanding those in need will always be remembered and helped; You will sustain our hope forever.

19 Come back to us Jesus; everyone should be judged through Your eyes, yes every last nation and soul. 20 Don't let us ever forget that we are just humble men, and that You are God.

In Your Praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment