This is my attempt at putting the Book of Psalms into my own words. I am not striving for an improved translation or interpretation. This is not The Message by Dave. This is words that mean to me what I am reading. I try not to change wording for the sake of changing, but rather to write down words that I feel the Bible is speaking to me. I hope that you might find some value to this; if so please let me know.

It is my goal to post each Monday. Doing the math, this will take a few years. Stick around and let's see where it goes.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Psalm 8

There are a few popular praise songs based on this Psalm. V1 "Majestic" ; V5: "Friend of God" (paraphrased a bit, of course). And we can't forget V2 on which we base the famous cliche, "out of the mouth of babes."

1 O LORD, my Lord, how I love to sing Your name above all things, over all the earth! Indeed, I also sing of Your praise and glory to the very heavens above 2 Even the little ones, the children, sing Your praise.

3 When I look at all of the wondrous works You have made, above, below, and everything between, 4 I see that you pay attention to me, just a man, and that You also sent Jesus, the son of man, and You care for us each equally? 5 You made Jesus, a man, yes, but He is still crowned him with all the glory and and all the honor. 16 You made Him ruler over all Your works and everything over and under heaven and earth: 7 all the animals, who walk, crawl; 8 and also those that fly and swim.

9 O LORD, my Lord, how I love to sing Your name above all things, over all the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment