This is my attempt at putting the Book of Psalms into my own words. I am not striving for an improved translation or interpretation. This is not The Message by Dave. This is words that mean to me what I am reading. I try not to change wording for the sake of changing, but rather to write down words that I feel the Bible is speaking to me. I hope that you might find some value to this; if so please let me know.

It is my goal to post each Monday. Doing the math, this will take a few years. Stick around and let's see where it goes.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Psalm 7

A shiggaion of David, which he sang to the LORD concerning Cush, a Benjamite.
1 LORD and God, wrap yourself around me; I need protection from my enemies, 2 who will rip out my heart without You there to help. 3 LORD and God, if you ever catch me treating anyone this way, 4 if I have done this kind of evil to any of my friends, 5 You can give me over to them whom I have wronged; I do not deserve to live. Hear me!

6 O LORD, You are strong in Your anger, and it will stand against the anger of my enemies. Yes, stand up and bring them to Your justice. 7 Use that justice to rule over the people as You see best, You be their judge, and also my judge. Hold me accountable to the degree of my righteousness and integrity.9 You are the righteous God, You know our thoughts and feelings, don't let our evil continue. Make us secure in our righteousness. 10 I need You to protect me LORD.
11 You are the righteous judge, You never fail to show us your wrath, and You need to do this often.
12 If my enemy is allowed to continue he will assemble his evil weaponry. 14 He exudes evil and his every thought is towards deception and deceit. 15 But he also falls into his own traps. All the trouble he causes will come around to him again. It eventually will fall on his own head.

17 I will sing thanks and praise to You O LORD. You are deserving, and I will praise You.

No comments:

Post a Comment