This is my attempt at putting the Book of Psalms into my own words. I am not striving for an improved translation or interpretation. This is not The Message by Dave. This is words that mean to me what I am reading. I try not to change wording for the sake of changing, but rather to write down words that I feel the Bible is speaking to me. I hope that you might find some value to this; if so please let me know.

It is my goal to post each Monday. Doing the math, this will take a few years. Stick around and let's see where it goes.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Psalm 5

I can only read v1-3 in KJV and think of the worship song. (here's the chords). Amazing, spiritual, connecting.

For the director of music. For flutes. A psalm of David.
1Please listen to me, O LORD, my head is in a place where all I have is You right now. 2I cry out for Your help, my King and God. I pray to You 3from the start of the day to the end. O LORD, I know You hear me and listen to me; I put my prayers before You and then wait in expectation while You do what is best for me.

4For You do not get any pleasure from doing evil, or even being in the presence of evil. Evil cannot stand to be close to You. 5Likewise the arrogant cannot be near You; all who do wrong find themselves in a similar fate: without You. 6Lying, deceitful behavior, all this you do not tolerate. People who act this way and do these things are destroyed for You despise them.

7Because of Your great mercy, I get the chance to enter Your house and be with You. When I am there I will show You all the reverence that You deserve. 8Lead me to that place, O LORD; I do have enemies, but help me to remain righteous in spite of them. Show me the fastest way that leads to You.

9As for my enemies, I don't trust them, and neither should You. Inside, they are consumed with evil and malice. Their hearts, words, and deeds are altogether evil. 10I think they are guilty, O God! You should declare them so! By their own words they will condemn themselves. Don't stop them! Punish them for their sins.

11For those who follow You, let us always have joy, and sing out loud of Your goodness. Protect us with Your love, so that we may continue to sing Your praise. I know You can do this, 12for surely, O LORD, You will always be with we who are righteous; wrap us in Your loving arms, and protect us from all harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment