This is my attempt at putting the Book of Psalms into my own words. I am not striving for an improved translation or interpretation. This is not The Message by Dave. This is words that mean to me what I am reading. I try not to change wording for the sake of changing, but rather to write down words that I feel the Bible is speaking to me. I hope that you might find some value to this; if so please let me know.

It is my goal to post each Monday. Doing the math, this will take a few years. Stick around and let's see where it goes.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Psalm 6

David is in a bad way again. Sometimes it is almost sad. This guy had the world by the tail. Got everything he desired. Was pretty well connected with God, and yet still penned poetry like this.

For the director of music. With stringed instruments. According to sheminith.

1LORD, please do not punish me in anger. 2Let Your mercy fall down on me LORD, in my weakness I could really use some of You right now; O LORD, touch me and make me better. I am in pain down to my very bones. 3My soul is in no better shape than my body. Why this O LORD, why me, why now, when will it end? 4O LORD, will You change your mind and bring me back to You? You can save me with the love that last forever.
5When all people are dead, how can we still praise You? Who will sing of Your glory if we are all lying in the grave?
6This weariness has eroded my soul. I am worn out from this pain and sadness; my constant tears are enough to wash away everything I have. At night these tears nearly flood my bed. 7As I look around, I see only more sadness; I cannot take the sight of all my enemies. 8Leave me, you enemies and you evil ones, the LORD is on my side. He has heard of my woes 9and He will grant me mercy; He listens to my prayers. 10Just the knowledge of this will discourage and humiliate my enemies; their dishonor will be quick and devastating.

No comments:

Post a Comment