This is my attempt at putting the Book of Psalms into my own words. I am not striving for an improved translation or interpretation. This is not The Message by Dave. This is words that mean to me what I am reading. I try not to change wording for the sake of changing, but rather to write down words that I feel the Bible is speaking to me. I hope that you might find some value to this; if so please let me know.

It is my goal to post each Monday. Doing the math, this will take a few years. Stick around and let's see where it goes.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Psalm 1

So, this is just a reminder of the major benefits of being a believer and follower of The Way. If we follow the LORD, good things happen. If we don't, not only do good things not happen, but bad things do. Not a pretty picture.

For reference Psalm 1 (NIV)

1A man sets himself apart by keeping immune from poor influences, keeping clear of bad people, those evil in deed as well as those only unpleasant in word. 2Such a man gets pleasure from the service of the LORD, all day and all night of every day he dwells in the pleasure derived from that service. 3He is rooted in a place where he gets all sustenance. When he is ready, he creates that which he is made to create. In this rooted place he is strong, and he flourishes. 4Evil ones do not get the sustenance they need. They become weak and fail, and ultimately simply fade away . 5They will never stand in the presence of the LORD, nor in the company of decent people. 6 For the LORD watches over the blessed man, but He will not watch over the way of the wicked, and they will eventually die a lonely death.

No comments:

Post a Comment