This is my attempt at putting the Book of Psalms into my own words. I am not striving for an improved translation or interpretation. This is not The Message by Dave. This is words that mean to me what I am reading. I try not to change wording for the sake of changing, but rather to write down words that I feel the Bible is speaking to me. I hope that you might find some value to this; if so please let me know.

It is my goal to post each Monday. Doing the math, this will take a few years. Stick around and let's see where it goes.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Psalm 3

Here is one where David is in a very bad way. His son is trying to kill him. In these verses "my enemies" is hitting pretty close to home. In those days it was not uncommon for a son to usurp the throne by killing a relative, even his own father. But just because it was accepted practice doesn't make it any easier on the father...

For reference: Psalm 3 (NIV)

1LORD, all around me are people who stand between me and You!
Everywhere I look and everywhere I go, they try to attack me!
2They tell me things, evil things. They say that You will not save me.
3But I know you are always there protecting me LORD;
in Your glory I am raised, and I can boldy lift my head 4to You and cry aloud!
You answer me from Your holy place on high. I listen!
5Even as I sleep, and then as I wake the LORD is with me, and fills me with all I need.
6If my enemies number a million, and I had no escape, I will not fear.
7Arise with me LORD, Arise! Save me Jesus, from myself and my enemies!
Break the jaw of my enemies, that they no longer say evil things to me.
Remove the power of my enemies, that they no longer control me.
8Jesus is the Savior. Bless me and all the people of the earth.
We hear You.

No comments:

Post a Comment