This is my attempt at putting the Book of Psalms into my own words. I am not striving for an improved translation or interpretation. This is not The Message by Dave. This is words that mean to me what I am reading. I try not to change wording for the sake of changing, but rather to write down words that I feel the Bible is speaking to me. I hope that you might find some value to this; if so please let me know.

It is my goal to post each Monday. Doing the math, this will take a few years. Stick around and let's see where it goes.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Calming Psalms

This is going to be my attempt as putting the book of Psalms into my own words. It's not trying to repeat the work of any particular version of the Bible, such as The Message. My hope is that by working through them in this fashion I will gain some new insights into God and His relationship with man, specifically, this man (me).

More than likely I will work from the New International Version, which is currently my favorite. I imagine I will tap into several versions as time goes by. Who knows.

That's it for now. I'd appreciation you sharing any thoughts you might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment