This is my attempt at putting the Book of Psalms into my own words. I am not striving for an improved translation or interpretation. This is not The Message by Dave. This is words that mean to me what I am reading. I try not to change wording for the sake of changing, but rather to write down words that I feel the Bible is speaking to me. I hope that you might find some value to this; if so please let me know.

It is my goal to post each Monday. Doing the math, this will take a few years. Stick around and let's see where it goes.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Psalm 11

1 Jesus covers me and protects me always. How then can you say to me:
"Run to your hiding place.2 The wicked are attacking you; from the darkness they come to hurt the righteous. 3 They try to destroy my very purpose. What am I to do?"

4 Jesus is the Holy One in His Holy place. He watches us; His eyes never leave.5 We who try to be righteous are still under His examination, but those who are in love with violence and hatred will get the same back from God: violence and hatred.6 For them the sky will burn and every breath will burn their lungs. 7 For Jesus is the most righteous, He loves the righteous, and His acceptance pours over us now and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment