This is my attempt at putting the Book of Psalms into my own words. I am not striving for an improved translation or interpretation. This is not The Message by Dave. This is words that mean to me what I am reading. I try not to change wording for the sake of changing, but rather to write down words that I feel the Bible is speaking to me. I hope that you might find some value to this; if so please let me know.

It is my goal to post each Monday. Doing the math, this will take a few years. Stick around and let's see where it goes.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Psalm 13

[Note: This one is not changed much from the NIV version. In keeping with my original premise, I am putting this into words that mean to me what I am reading. Some of these verses are so clear and point directly into my heart already.]

For the director of music. A psalm of David.


1How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever? How long will You continue to make me look for You? 2How long must I wrestle with myself and every day have more sorrow in my heart? How long will The Enemy triumph over me?

3I need to see Your face, and get an answer, O LORD my God. Show me the Light of Your glory, or this life will continue in slow death; 4The Enemy will laugh, saying "This one is mine!" and my earthly foes will celebrate my failure.

5But I trust in Your endless love; my heart rejoices in Your saving grace. 6I will sing to You O LORD, for You have been so good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment